Saturday 2 June 2012





Hey there! My name is Juhi and I love stories. Especially those perfect ones that make me laugh, smile, think and feel.

I have fond memories of attacking my large assortment of grannies, uncles and aunts with requests of telling me stories, when I was younger and much smaller. From Cinderella to tales from the Ramayan, and from unending stories of a sparrow collecting grains to a naughty frog who goes on an adventure on a train, I lapped it all up.

My mum could only feed little 2 years old me, when she stopped at a strategic point in her story-telling and refused to go on till I put that bite in my mouth! As I grew up my aunts decided enough was enough. They started plying me with books and I found a whole new world. And my addiction grew.

During the English period at school, I realized (actually my teacher did) that I can write stories. It was a happy day, when I was asked to stand in the assembly hall and read out one of the stories that I had written. Because that's exactly what a writer needs...Captive Audience!!!

I compose poetry too. (Yeah, I am pretty awesome) I don't know how good that is, but I enjoy reading it. It's a bit jabberwockian. (It's a word. Enid Blyton used it.)

So I am going to post a few of my short stories and poems here. And tell you about the harem of stories in my head waiting to be completed into manuscripts. (Seriously. Respect for those Mughal and Turkish Sultans)

I am extremely new to blogging, and have come in blind. So along with your feedback and comments on my stories and poetry (which I really really want to hear), I would also love to hear anything you want to tell me about blogs.

And if you know or actually are a publisher, an editor or an agent interested in publishing my work, let me pull out the red carpet and spritz the flowers. 

16 comments:

  1. This is awesome girl and that's 20% sisterly affection 80% true admiration. So glad you are up on blogger, can't wait to read anything and everything. Now hopefully you will complete all those stories that I have been begging you to get over it and clear the suspense for me. Love you, keep on writing. Everybody is listening *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the world of blogging! I know U'll love to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you'll critique whatever I put up.

      Delete
  3. I'm glad I stumbled on your blog! I'm both new and old and I love finding and connecting with new people. Welcome! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Monica, I am glad you did too! Thanks! And welcome to my blog :D

      I really like the idea of a timer while writing. I am going to try that out.

      Delete
  4. I found you on the Buccaneer Blogfest. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging. You're on to a good start joining a blog hop. I hope you meet lots of new folks and get some good feedback. New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Shell! I am enjoying meeting such amazing people through the Blogfest. I am going over to your blog to comment more there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Juhi! I'm Crystal! I saw your lovely comment on my blog! Thank you so much and what a lovely pleasure knowing you'll be the one conducting the interview! I am so far behind on my interview, I bet the blogger below after me is wondering what is going on! My email is csr23@att.net! I'll be looking forward to your questions as well as answering them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found the questions and I am so excited!! I looked for a spot to comment on that post with the questions but I couldn't find the comment form or your email address.. as soon as I hear back from you, I'll email you the answers! I am so excited about your questions!! Thank you Juhi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are on the opposite ends of the international dateline Crystal. The internet truly is the best!

      I have emailed you my questions. Eagerly anticipate your answers.

      Delete
  8. Juhi!! I loved the interview! You asked a lot of fantastic questions and also very important ones as well!! I'm extremely happy with the results!! Thank you so much for taking the time to read over my work and for conducting the interview! I'll get started on posting those fairy tales!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww welcome to blogging it's great fun and sounds like you have lots of great idea's. Dave at raven crest books is a great guy and has just published my first novel Insane Reno, he might be interested in seeing what you have to offer.
    love and hugs Joss xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Joss! You made a big happy grin appear on my face today. I will definitely look Dave up when I have spiffed up my WIP.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to meet you Jui! Thank you for joining the Peace Day Blogfest. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aimée! It was great to meet you too! Its such a great initiative, and it gives me a writing prompt for the 21st of September. So its win-win :D

      Delete